WE ARE LOOKING FOR A LEAD MUSICIAN.
Salary: Compensatory with experience
Job Type: Part Time/Contract
- College Degree (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
- In concert with the pastoral leadership, is responsible to develop and maintain a vibrant, healthy worship life at Asbury Church in Shepherdstown.
- Expected to participate in the vision and design for worship.
- Proficient in reading music and playing a piano/keyboard.
- Provide leadership to a diverse group of singers and volunteer musicians.
- Plan and develop music for Sunday worship experiences and special events on an as needed basis.
- Other duties pertaining to the ministry may be assigned as necessary.
- Commitment to growth in Christian Discipleship.
- Rehearsals - Weekends/Weekdays as coordinated
This position reports to the Lead Pastor
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and a desire to serve, and demonstrate an attitude of genuine caring for God’s people.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the vision and mission of Asbury, and in collaboration with the Pastors and Worship Team.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to lead and mentor others.
- Possess experience and demonstrate comfort with both traditional and contemporary worship styles.
- Possess training, skill, and experience in both the choral and instrumental aspects of worship.
- Be able to read music and to teach parts.
In accordance with the vision and mission of Asbury Church, the Lead Musician will:
- Help develop and lead passion-filled, purpose-driven worship experiences
- Lead other paid/volunteer musicians as well as singing groups, maintaining responsibility for the focus and quality of all music in the worship experience. (
- Participate in the meetings with the Worship Planning Team, collaborating with the Lead Pastor and other team members to discuss and creatively plan yearly worship themes and service elements.
- Recruit, develop, empower and care for musicians and other volunteers in the area of worship.
- Work alongside leaders of Asbury Church, Children’s Ministry, and Youth Ministry to develop future worship lovers and leaders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local music and worship resources.