At Asbury, we are committed to being faithful stewards of all that God has entrusted to us. This compels us to exemplify four pillars of good membership.
Pillar 1: Praying
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- We believe it is vitally important that our members:
Develop a prayer life.
- Have devoted prayer times.
- Pray for yourself, family, the church, community and the government.
- Pray before taking action
- Pray when you are in the midst of trials
- Pray for Asbury
Pillar 2: Studying
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
We ask members to adhere to God’s word. We see evidence when members:
- Attend a study group.
- Read the Bible daily
- Read other books
- Read magazines, etc.
- Keep informed about what’s happening in the world
- Keep learning, bit by bit
Pillar 3: Giving
"Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy." 1 Chronicles 29:9
Cheerful giving is biblical.
We expect our members to:
- Give to the Church.
- Support God’s work with your money.
- Realize their money is God’s money.
- Expect blessings when you give.
- Support Asbury with monetary gifts.
- Have a cheerful spirit.
- Be generous in giving.
Pillar 4: Serving
"Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD." Joshua 24:14
Asbury members are expected to:
- Be a part of a group in the Church.
- Find opportunities to serve.
- Use your gifts to bless others
- Maintain the spirit of a servant.
- Be thankful when you serve.
We are a growing family of folks who believe in creating real friendships and building healthy relationships. Our approach to Christian ministry is to focus on the entire family. Therefore, we strive to provide something that can engage the energies and meet the needs of every member in your family.
As we endeavor to support each other and grow together, we find ourselves engaged in the 3-A’s business:
- Attracting people to Christ,
- Assimilating people within the body of Christ
- Assigning people as witnesses on behalf of Christ.
The 3-A’s business summarizes our main work as a family of Christ followers.